A well know company hiring senior database administrator who will be responsible for developing and maintaining the database technology stack (IBM DB2/MSSQL/MySQL/Azure PaaS) ensuring data integrity, security, retention, and recoverability of the data.
- Monitor and configure alerts/notification utilizing AppDynamics/Nagios/Foglight systems to optimize database performance.
- Design, build, test, and deploy quality database solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology architecture standards and departmental best.
- Create and administer all database objects from design to deployment utilizing subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability.
- Serve as the primary support for requests for frequent and timely data copy processes, with a strong understanding of incident management while delivering high levels of customer service.
- Perform script maintenance and batch job processing as a critical element of our data import management.
- Ensure existing and new processes are integrated with standard operating procedures that also meet business requirements and system goals.
- Collaborate with QA and Production teams to meet deployment deadlines.
- Partner with the architecture team to contribute to the future state technology strategy and to define database and application best practices.
- Utilize your curiosity and desire to learn new technologies to determine functionality and capabilities for best fit within the company’s products and operations.
- Manage Junior Database Administrator with day to day tasking, provide guidance with professional development, and ensure coverage is provided during critical business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, related degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ of professional experience.
- Hands-on experience in database administration
- Proficient with IBM including capacity planning, load balancing, performance tuning, high availability and multi-sites Disaster Recovery deployment on complex database environments; IBM DB2 11.1 implementation/migration experience is required. IBM Websphere/HCL eCommerce experience is required. Azure PaaS experience is desired.
- Experience in database schema design including logical and physical database schemas design for large scale, highly available and mission critical application systems.
- Experience designing and supporting the database components of software applications and an understanding of the entire application development life cycle.
- Experience with complex SQL and PL/SQL programming and optimization.
- Proficiency with Linux and shell scripting are required.
- Experience in private cloud and public cloud is desirable.
- Good writing skills to provide documentation for DBA and other teams.
- Self-motivator, who can work independently, able to learn quickly, prioritize effectively, meets deadlines and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Experience of e-commerce industry is preferred.
|Job Category||Database, Information Technology|